So, I've really needed to say stuff like this for a long time...
1. I don't really have a problem with being mainstream. Big flipping deal if I like Carly Rae Jepsen. Stuff is mainstream for a reason - people like it.
2. I do judge based on appearances. I'm well aware that my judgements are not always correct - I've been wrong before. But everybody judges, and I wish people would admit it a little more often.
3. "Haters gonna hate." You bet I am. I don't hate everything. In fact, I don't even hate a lot of things. But some things, yes, I hate with a burning passion and you can just deal with it.
4. YOLO is true. I will never be one of those girls flashing the peace symbol and making the duck face while screaming "Yolo!!", but the fact is that we only live one life on earth, and there is absolutely no reason not to make the most of that.
5. I have only the faintest clue who Dane Cook is.
6. I LIKE labels. I like knowing who and what people are and I think it's stupid that someone says that society is trying to hold us down and all of a sudden EVERYONE jumps on the bandwagon and says the same thing.
YAY BRIDGET POSTED! That's
YAY BRIDGET POSTED!
That's my reaction every single time. And justly so!
1. Yes, yes, yes. Ahhhhh I hate it when people give me the, "Seriously how can you like that" look and then proceed to talk about their idea of a good band. :P
2. Yes again! Although I'm always wrong about 99.9\% of the time, so I try hard not to. :P
3. LOL. Love it!
4. YOLO does annoy me, though. :P That's my #3. But it's okay if you like it. (see #2).
5. Eh. I'm a little iffy here.
But I love whenever you post! So please keep doing it. And sorry I gave you my personal interpretation of every single number. :P
Sat, 11/02/2013 - 22:03
In reply to YAY BRIDGET POSTED! That's by Madeline
Haha, I don't plan on going
Haha, I don't plan on going around saying YOLO. I just understand the idea behind it. I despise the way it's used in society.
And thanks everyone! I'll try to post more often but I have a lot going on right now so... we'll see. :)
"I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question." - Harun Yahya
Lol, wow. We seem to share a
Lol, wow. We seem to share a lot of the same opinions. Keep posting, please :)
"You were not meant to fit into a shallow box built by someone else." -J. Raymond
"A politically incorrect rant."
That drew me right in! I love rants.
1. YES! Wow. I was thinking that the other day.
2. Yeah, guilty. :)
3. Haha...a burning passion indeed!
4. Jesus slapped YOLO in the face....sorry, couldn't resist it.
6. Actually, yes.
This was SO fun to read! Thanks!
Goodbye? Oh no, please. Can’t we just go back to page one and start all over again?” – Winnie The Pooh
Oops! On my #5 I meant to put
Oops! On my #5 I meant to put #6. 'Cause I have NO idea who Dane Cook is. *googles*
Rants are good! And thought-provoking.
1. Eh. Much of mainstream culture is people agreeing that stuff that sucks is actually good, imho. Most popular artists absolutely stink live, ergo, they are autotuned, ergo, they aren't actually good artists.
2. It's really hard not to judge on appearances. I'm guilty of it all the time, and today, actually, I had one of my previous judgement absolutely turn around and astonish me with how much they weren't the way I thought they were.
3. Absolutely. I have things I despise with the burning passion of a hundred suns.
4. I prefer Carpe Diem. ;)
5. And I have no clue whatsoever who Dane Cook is! You're doing better than me on that one.
6. Labels mostly bother me because they're so limiting. Once someone is labeled, people never seem to think to look for more depth to their personality beyond what they expect someone with that label to have.
"Sometimes even to live is courage."
Oh darling, you make me laugh.
When I heard you wrote something, I came on over to take a peek. I was ready to read some deeply moving piece perhaps or a brilliantly written something that would make my soul sing. Then I get this lovely little perfect piece of YOU. If a stranger wanted to know know about you, I would give them this because it is such a clear glimpse into who you are. You are lovely, funny, brave, rebellious, and so much more. Just like this essay.